The Rumson Board of Education believes that a safe and civil environment in school is necessary for students to learn and achieve high academic standards. Since students learn by example, school administrators, faculty, staff and volunteers are required to demonstrate appropriate behavior, treating others with civility and respect, and refusing to tolerate harassment, intimidation or bullying. Harassment, intimidation or bullying, like other disruptive or violent behaviors, is conduct that disrupts both a student's ability to learn and a school's ability to educate its students in a safe environment. Therefore, the school district will not tolerate acts of harassment, intimidation or bullying.
The Board of Education has adopted Regulation 5512 Harassment, Intimidation and Bullying and Policy R5512, Harassment, Intimidation or Bullying Investigation Procedure, authorizing a prompt investigation of reports and violations and complaints of harassment, intimidation and bullying [HIB] in accordance with the provisions of N.J.S.A. 18A:37-15(b)6.
This policy applies to:
- All stakeholders;
- All school sponsored functions;
- Situations outside of school which have the potential to disrupt the school environment, create a hostile educational environment, or interfere with the education and school rights of others; and
- District students of Approved Schools for Students with Disabilities.
HIB Incident Report Form – click here – Upon pressing “submit” forms will be sent to the District Anti-Bullying Coordinator and the appropriate school Anti-bullying Specialist(s) and Principal(s).
Important Documents and Additional Information:
- ABR Self-Assessment 2016 Statement
- ABR Self-Assessment 2017 Statement
- ABR Self-Assessment 2018 Statement
- FY 2013 ABR Self-Assessment Report
- FY 2014 ABR Self-Assessment Report
- FY 2015 ABR Self-Assessment Report
- FY 2016 ABR Self-Assessment Report
- FY 2017 ABR Self-Assessment Report